Alur DomCourse: Indian Kitchen, Main Food Recipes
1 medium Onion paste
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 medium Tomato chopped
Green chillies 3-4
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Kashmiri Mirch powder 1 tsp
Salt and Sugar to taste
chopped fresh coriander
1 dry Red Chilly
- Peel the potatoes, if using big potatoes cut in halves. If using medium or small potatoes you can use it as whole. Marinate it with a pinch of turmeric, salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the potatoes until they turn golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In that oil add red dry chilly, then add chopped tomatoes fry for 2 mins. Then add onion paste cook for another 5 minutes. Now add ginger garlic paste cook for 1 min.
- When the raw smell goes away add turmeric, coriander powder, kashmiri Mitch powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the potatoes and mix everything well. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan a d cook for 10-12 mins on low flame.
- Uncover add garam masala powder and you may add more water if the potatoes are still not cooked properly.
- When potatoes are well cooked and gravy is thick and semi dry, switch off the gas. Garnish with chopped coriander.