Vegetable Medley Soup with Vermicelli
- 1 red potato, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup peaches and cream corn kernels
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup grey zucchini, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 liter low sodium vegetable broth
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add onions, celery and potatoes. Saute for 5 minutes, then add mushrooms, zucchini, corn, yellow and orange bell peppers; saute for additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add low sodium vegetable broth and water. Add enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add vermicelli and broccoli, simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve hot.