Prawn, Tomato & Courgette SpaghettiCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Seafood Recipes
One of the quick and easy pasta dishes pulling bits & pieces together from the fridge & freezer.
360g cooked defrosted king prawns
2 Shredded courgette
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 crushed cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
A handful of fresh basil
Punnet of sliced sweet vine cherry tomatoes
1 juice of lemon & zest
1 tsp of sugar
Sea salt & black pepper
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil and add the garlic & herbs, and slowly simmer to infuse the oil on a gentle heat so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the shredded courgette and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and season.
- Leave on low heat whilst you cook your spaghetti.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, add a cup of pasta water along with basil & the prawns to the tomatoes and make sure the prawns are heated through fully. Add the zest of one lemon.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the prawns and squeeze the lemon juice. Mix through until all the spaghetti is coated in the lovely garlicky tomato juices. Season well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.