One of the quick and easy pasta dishes pulling bits & pieces together from the fridge & freezer.
- 360g cooked defrosted king prawns
- 2 Shredded courgette
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- A handful of fresh basil
- Punnet of sliced sweet vine cherry tomatoes
- 1 juice of lemon & zest
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Parmesan (optional)
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil and add the garlic & herbs, and slowly simmer to infuse the oil on a gentle heat so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the shredded courgette and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and season.
- Leave on low heat whilst you cook your spaghetti.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, add a cup of pasta water along with basil & the prawns to the tomatoes and make sure the prawns are heated through fully. Add the zest of one lemon.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the prawns and squeeze the lemon juice. Mix through until all the spaghetti is coated in the lovely garlicky tomato juices. Season well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.