Caribbean Pineapple Salmon with Coconut Lime Rice
Caribbean Pineapple Salmon with Coconut Lime RiceCourse: Salads Recipes, Seafood Recipes
1 cup of fresh pineapple, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 small red pepper, chopped
1/2 avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, finely diced
juice of one lime
pinch of salt
2 cups Basmati Rice
3 tbsp toasted coconut
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa and set aside. Remember to zest your limes for the rice. (If you want major flavor, sauté your pineapple in a pan on medium-high heat with a tsp of sugar for 3 minutes!)
- Toast coconut in a dry pan on medium-high heat, don’t burn!
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, grill of broil your salmon. I like to season mine with salt and pepper, and broil for 10-15 minutes or until it is browned.
- When the rice is done, fluff it up, add your coconut and lime zest.
- Plate your rice, add your salmon and top with pineapple salsa. Enjoy!