- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup cracked freekeh
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread broccoli on prepared tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes to tray and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted and broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook freekeh in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well and squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Transfer to a large bowl with the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, herbs and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with extra herbs if desired.