Freekeh, broccoli & chickpea salad Recipe
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup cracked freekeh
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread broccoli on prepared tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes to tray and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted and broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook freekeh in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well and squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Transfer to a large bowl with the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, herbs and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with extra herbs if desired.
The flavors were spot on and it was so easy to make.