A hearty and flavorful dish, potato and mozzarella salad combines creamy mozzarella cheese with potatoes that are both tender and slightly crisp. Red potatoes are cut into slices and boiled until they are fork-tender before being combined with cherry tomatoes cut in half, red onion slices, and fresh basil to make the salad. When the cheese is added to the mixture, it is chopped into small cubes, lending the salad a creamy and delicious flavor. The salad is then tossed with a straightforward vinaigrette that unites the flavors of the salad by combining extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. This dish is ideal for a family dinner, potluck, or summertime barbecue. For hectic weeknights or leisurely weekends, it's a great option because it's filling, flavorful, and simple to make. This salad is a real crowd-pleaser thanks to the blend of creamy cheese, tender potatoes, and tangy vinaigrette!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- The potatoes should be cooked for about 10 minutes in a pot of salted boiling water. Drain, then leave to cool.
- The cooked potatoes, cherry tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella cheese, and basil should all be combined in a big bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- The potato mixture should be poured the dressing over it, then gently mixed.
- For at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, cover the salad and place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.