Chicken in balsamic caramel
- Chicken breast fillet 400 g
- Sugar 100 g
- Butter 50 g
- Balsamic vinegar 100 ml
- Lemon juice to taste
- Spices to taste
- Wash the fillet. Be sure to dry well.
- Divide the fillet into small cubes (1 cm x 1 cm) or cubes (2 cm x 1 cm).
- Marinate to taste, but (!) Be sure to sprinkle with a small amount of lemon juice and refrigerate. The acidic environment and cold contribute to the denaturation of protein – the meat will be tender and juicy. The longer it will marinate, the better. You can even leave for the night. You can add your favorite spices. In no case do not salt, otherwise the meat will be dry. Salt must be immediately before heat treatment.
- Get the meat. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan well over high heat. Melt the butter. Fry each slice on both sides until golden brown. No need to fry until cooked – the chicken will come during the caramelization.’
- Dry the pieces with a towel – the excess fat will not allow caramel to lie down.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Pour in balsamic vinegar and add sugar. It is advisable to do it in a small dish. Sugar should be about half the pan – not too much.Vinegar should only cover it.
- Wait until the sugar starts to bubble. Fry the pieces for about two minutes on each side, gently turning.
- Put on plates. Garnish with caramel.