Lomo a la pimenta – Argentinean meat
- Veal fillet 600 g
- Crushed black pepper 2 teaspoons
- Fresh champignons 400 g
- Onions 1 piece
- Cream 200 ml
- Oregano ½ teaspoon
- Butter 50 g
- Wash the meat, dry it and cut it with fibers about 4 cm thick. Wrap with string so that the meat does not lose its shape. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and let marinate for 1 hour.
- “Seal” pieces of meat in a pan with preheated butter. Fry over high heat until a nice crust forms on all sides. Use a pair of tongs or a spatula to turn the meat over, never use a fork, otherwise all the juice will run out. Remove the meat while cooking the sauce in another bowl. Cook the sauce in the same pan.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms for the sauce. Fry black pepper in a pan. Add mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Dice the onions and add to the mushrooms. Cover, simmer on low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add the cream to the mushrooms and mix well until everything is smooth. Bring the sauce to a boil, salt. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Put the meat in the prepared sauce, add oregano and stir. Cover with a lid. Steam for 15 minutes. Switch off the heating and let the bowl cool slightly with the lid closed.
- Serve with a warm and plenty of sauce, garnished with vegetable puree or gratin.