Chicken curry with almond, cashews and raisinsCourse: Chicken Recipes, Indian Kitchen, Main Food RecipesDifficulty: Hard
1 kg chicken curry cut with bones/boneless
3 medium Onions
3 large tomatoes
2 green chilies
8 garlic cloves
1 1/2 inch garlic
1 pinch cinnamon
1 Star anise (optional)
4 green cardamom
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
2 teaspoon paprika(optional)
2 teaspoon aromatic garam masala (recipe in the other post)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon kasuri methi
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon ghee
- Curry cut the chicken marinate it in turmeric and salt and lemon.
- Soak nuts in warm water for an hour.
- Blanch tomatoes and take out their skin. You can use tomato puree instead. Grind all soaked nuts into a smooth paste
- In a pan heat oil, add cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, cloves and fry for a minute then add whole garlic and ginger, green chillies saute for a couple of minutes. Add onions…now fry onion until they become golden brown, add tomatoes or puree.
- After tomatoes are well cooked and start leaving oil, switch off from the stove and let it cool completely. Grind this in a smooth paste.
- Now in the pan heat ghee, add red chilies when they start changing color add onion tomato paste and saute for 3 minutes, add chilli, coriander, cumin powders and cook them well for 2 min on medium-high flame stirring continuously. Add chicken, giving a good stir coating all the masala on the chicken, slightly brown the chicken then cook it with the lid on.
- After 5 minutes add 1 cup of hot water and bring it to a gentle boil now add almond cashew paste, mix well. cook further for 5 minutes. Add garam masala powder, kasoori methi. Adjust the salt. Add some finely chopped coriander and cook further for 5 minutes.
- If you enjoy sweeter taste you can add honey.
- Garnish it with some nuts, raisins and coriander.
- Serve it with tandoori roti, naan, rice.