- 1kg cut okra
- 400g Val beans
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin and coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tomato diced
- handful of finely cut coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add fenugreek seeds allow to infuse the oil for 1 minute on low to medium heat.
- Add Asafoetida and about 30sec to infuse.
- Add in the okra and Val beans, followed by all the spices. Give it a stir and leave to cook for 10-15 on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander, give it all a stir and leave to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Check both okra and Val beans are cooked (should be soft). Add lemon, give it a stir and enjoy. Goes well with a flatbread as well as by itself.