The combination of creamy ricotta, charred vegetables, and a variety of fragrant herbs will leave a lasting impression on your family, friends, and visitors.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with butter and flour.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, olive oil, milk, ricotta cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients gradually, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- In a separate bowl, toss the sliced zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and red onion with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the marinated vegetables on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan. After that, place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.