Bowties with BroccoliCourse: Pasta Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
1 large broccoli head
1 can diced tomatoes (I use fire roasted but any kind is fine)
4 garlic cloves, minced
Drizzle of oil
Half box of farfalle pasta (8 oz)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil about 8 cups of water, cook pasta until al dente, strain and set aside.
- Chop broccoli into florets and wash.
- In a tall edged stovetop pan heat garlic and oil over medium heat until fragrant (1-2 min).
- Add broccoli and enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and let cook until broccoli is soft but still bright green.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper and leave on low until tomatoes are heated through.
- Add pasta to the saucepan and cook for a couple of minutes, mixing to combine.
- Remove from heat and top with more salt and pepper.