Sticky Ginger Cake
Sticky Ginger CakeCourse: Dessert Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
1/4 cup ginger, cubed
1/2 cup water
3/8 cup white sugar
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar (half and half white & brown)
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp/pinch allspice
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 2 1/2 water)
- Prep your flax egg and put it in the fridge.
- Make your ginger syrup by boiling water, adding ginger and sugar – stir as thickens and ginger caramelizes.
- If you don’t want pieces of ginger in your cake, you can make the syrup while the cake’s baking instead.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together followed by the flax egg.
- Sift and fold in the flour and spices, followed by crystallized ginger pieces from the syrup.
- Place cake mix into a small dish/ramekin.
- If all mixture in one dish (ie. bigger cake like mine) bake at 150°C for 60 mins for best results – 180°C 40 mins if want it quicker.
- If using multiple smaller ramekins, 150°C 30-40 mins or 180°C 20-25 mins.
- While hot, poke holes in the cake and pour syrup over the cake – reheat the syrup first.
- Enjoy hot!