Galette with asparagusCourse: Pastry Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
100 g Manitoba flour
30 g whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons instant polenta
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons of oil, grape seed
80 g cold butter, cut into 1 , 5 cm cubes
60 ml ice-cold water
1/2 kg of grown asparagus
125 g of ricotta cheese
45 g of grated cheese if desired (eg gruyere)
30 g of grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
peel 1 lemon
1 egg or yolk (optional, for shine)
- Mix both flours, polenta, thyme, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a large bowl. Add the butter and stir in lightly mashing each cube between your fingers. Add water and collect the dough with your hands – it will be quite sticky. Transfer to a well-floured work surface and knead a little more. Shape the dough into a circle, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, gruyere, parmesan, pinch of salt, pepper to taste and lemon zest and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus at an angle, pour over the olive oil, add salt, lemon zest and pepper.
- Roll out the crust dough and roll out the dough into a large round shape, about 14 centimeters wide, on floured greaseproof paper. Arrange the ricotta mixture in the middle, leaving a 4cm edge blank. Spoon the asparagus over the ricotta layer. Fold the border over the filling.
- For a darker, shinier crust, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon of water and coat the dough.
- Bake the galette at 200 degrees, 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is deep golden.