Tiramisu Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Tiramisu Cinnamon Rolls are a decadent and indulgent twist on the classic breakfast treat. This recipe combines the rich flavors of tiramisu, including espresso and mascarpone cheese, with the warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon rolls, making for a truly unique and delicious dessert.To make Tiramisu Cinnamon Rolls, you'll need a few key ingredients, including all-purpose flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, milk, espresso powder, mascarpone cheese, and cocoa powder. The dough is first prepared and allowed to rise, then rolled out and spread with a mixture of butter, cinnamon, sugar, and espresso powder.Next, the rolls are baked in the oven until they are golden brown and fragrant. While they are baking, the creamy tiramisu filling is prepared by combining mascarpone cheese, espresso powder, and cocoa powder.Once the rolls are finished baking, they are removed from the oven and immediately spread with the tiramisu filling, which melts slightly and creates a deliciously creamy layer. The rolls are then topped with a dusting of cocoa powder and served warm.Tiramisu Cinnamon Rolls are a perfect dessert for special occasions or weekend brunches. They are rich and indulgent, with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. The combination of cinnamon and espresso creates a warm and comforting aroma, while the creamy mascarpone cheese filling adds a luxurious and decadent touch.
- ½ cup buttermilk – warmed
- ¼ cup espresso
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar – divided
- 1 (7g) packet active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter – softened and cubed
- ½ cup unsalted butter – melted (plus 2 Tbsp for brushing)
- 5 Tbsp Kahlua – divided
- 16 oz mascarpone – softened and divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups cream
- For serving: Cocoa powder
- In a bowl, combine espresso with buttermilk and 1 tablespoon sugar. Add in yeast and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, 4 ½ tablespoons of sugar, salt and gently mix. Add in butter, one cube at a time. Then knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Cover and let rise for 2 hours in a warm area. Once risen, roll out on a flour-dusted surface to about a 14×14 square.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter and Kahlua and brush over the dough. Using half of the mascarpone, add dollops on the dough. Then top with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Roll up the dough and use a knife or string to cut 1-inch rounds. Grease an oven-safe pan or skillet and place rounds into the pan. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush rolls with remaining butter and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- As the cinnamon rolls bake, use an electric mixer to whisk together the remaining mascarpone, Kahlua, powdered sugar and cream until smooth and thick.
- Top finished cinnamon rolls with frosting and dust lightly with cocoa powder.
This recipe was fantastic!