Cranberry Walnut SconesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Pastry Recipes, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Soak cranberries in boiling water for about 10 min.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder. Cut butter into cubes and mix it until the mixture is crumbly.
- Toast walnuts for 2 min. Drain cranberries and add to flour mixture along with nuts. Add yogurt and cream.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 6 wedges. Brush with egg for that golden top.
- Bake for 16 min and ENJOY!