KunafeCourse: Arabic Kitchen, Dessert Recipes
- For Sugar Syrup:
Water 1 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Green cardamom 3
Kewra water 1 Tsp
- For Kunafa:
Fried vermicelli (pheni) 200 grams / 1 packet
Butter melted 1/2 cup
Orange food color (optional) 1/2 Tsp
Ricotta Cheese/cream cheese 200 grams
Mozzarella Cheese 1/2 cup
- In a pot add water, cardamom, sugar, mix well and cook for 20/25 minutes or until gets a bit thick consistency.
- Now add kewra water and set aside.
- In vermicelli add butter, food color, crush and mix well.
- Take a baking pan and grease it with butter.
- Layer with half of the vermicelli and press gently.
- Spread Ricotta cheese evenly, don’t spread it on the edges.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Layer with remaining vermicelli and press gently.
- Now, bake it for 30 minutes at 200 C.
- Rest kunafa for 10 minutes and then flip onto a serving plate, drizzle sugar syrup and garnish with pistachios and dried rose petals.