Black Bean Brownie
Black Bean BrownieCourse: Dessert Recipes
400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
50 g ground almonds
65 g honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp light olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
0.5 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
100 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C.
- Line a 20×20cm tin with baking paper or just grease it.
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Alternatively, mix all ingredients in a bowl except the choc chips and blend well using a hand blender.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips, saving a few for the decoration.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon and press the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and slightly firm.
- Leave to cool in the tin (it will firm up as it cools).