S’mores cupcakesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
90g butter at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
120ml buttermilk (115 ml milk + 5 ml lemon juice)
60ml hot coffee or hot water
- Ingredients for the meringue:
4 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Prepare a tray of cupcakes.
- Beat butter with sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla. To integrate.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Sift and add to the previous mixture alternating with the buttermilk.
- Pour the coffee or water and beat until integrated.
- Fill the molds 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before making a hole with an apple corer in the center to fill them with lotus cream or your favorite cream.
- For the meringue, mix the egg whites with the sugar in a bowl and place it in a bain-marie until the sugar dissolves. We will know when we touch the mixture and the pimples are not noticed.
- At that time move to the mixer bowl and beat first at low speed. Gradually increase the speed until we have a firm meringue.
- Transfer the meringue to a sleeve and decorate our cupcakes.
- If you want you can toast the meringue with a torch.