Frangipane with applesCourse: Dessert Recipes, French Kitchen
2 puff pastry
125g almond powder
80g soft butter
1 egg yolk for the gilding
- Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes, cook over low heat in a little bit of butter until you get soft apples, set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar.
- Add the almond powder and soft butter, and mix.
- Spread the frangipane on one of the puff pastries.
- Place the apples.
- Cover with the second puff pastry.
- Spread the egg yolk for the gilding, and draw the pattern of your choice.
- Bake 35 minutes at 180C.