Vegan blackcurrant and mango cake Recipe
Vegan blackcurrant and mango cake is a moist, fruity cake that is ideal for any occasion. All-purpose flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, fresh blackcurrants, and chopped mango are used to make it.The ingredients are combined to form a thick batter, which is then baked in an 8-inch cake pan for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. After cooling, the cake is topped with a simple and delicious icing made of powdered sugar, vegan butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract.The combination of blackcurrants and mango adds a burst of fruity flavor to the cake, while the almond flour adds a nutty, slightly sweet flavor. This cake is an excellent vegan dessert for those seeking a healthier option without sacrificing flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blackcurrants
- 1 cup chopped mango
For the icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the blackcurrants and chopped mango.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, vegan butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the icing on top using a spatula or knife.
- Serve and enjoy your vegan blackcurrant and mango cake!
Vegan blackcurrant and mango cake sounds like a delectable and unusual dessert. The combination of blackcurrant and mango flavors in a cake, particularly one that is vegan, is intriguing and could be a great option for those looking for a healthier dessert option. The recipe also appears to be fairly simple and straightforward, which is always a plus for those who are not experienced bakers. Overall, the Vegan blackcurrant and mango cake appears to be a great recipe to try if you’re looking for vegan baking ideas or unique dessert options.