Protein Carrot Cake Muffins with Vanilla Frosting
Protein Carrot Cake Muffins with Vanilla FrostingCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
- Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 scoops of vanilla protein
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 tbsp maple walnut syrup
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Ingredients for drizzle:
1 scoop of vanilla protein (optional)
1 tbsp warm water
Dash of maple syrup
Dash of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of soy milk
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix your wet ingredients in another.
- Once well mixed in separate bowls, slowly combine together, and add in 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of soy milk
- Once well mixed, fold in 1 cup of peeled, grated carrot
- Spray muffin/cupcake tins generously with PAM and add the batter evenly across them, sprinkle with a bit of extra cinnamon if you like!
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for another 13-15 minutes. Try not to open the oven door before this or you may lose the muffin peak top!
- While baking, make your frosting for the drizzle! (Mix all ingredients for drizzle)
- Allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the tin, drizzle or top with your frosting and enjoy!