Homemade Garlic Knots
Homemade Garlic KnotsCourse: Pastry Recipes, Snacks
1 1/3 cups (320ml) warm water
1 packet yeast
1 tbsp (13g) caster sugar
2 tbsp (30ml) sunflower oil
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 1/2 cups (438g) all-purpose flour
80g butter, melted
2 garlic cloves, minced
2tsp Italian herbs
pinch of salt
optional after baking: a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
optional after baking: handful of grated Parmesan
- Whisk water, yeast, sugar together in a bowl and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Add to a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Add oil, salt, garlic powder, flour.
- Knead for 10 min until the dough is smooth and bounces back to the touch. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a kitchen cloth. Allow to rise for 1-2 hours until double in size.
- Punch down to release air and roll the dough into a log. Slice into strips and roll each strip into rope. Tie each into knots. Tuck ends underneath and place on a lined baking tray. Cover and allow to prove for another 45min.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush with melted butter mixture and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Mix fresh parsley and Parmesan with the remaining butter mixture and dip each baked knot into the butter mixture.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or refrigerate for up to 5 days.