Homemade Vegan Ratatouille
Homemade Vegan RatatouilleCourse: Main Food Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper (I’d maybe swap this for aubergine)
1 onion, diced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt & pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Slice the courgette and peppers into evenly sized pieces and set aside.
- Add a little oil to an oven-safe pan and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil and thyme to the pan and simmer for up to 10 minutes.
- Smooth the sauce over, spreading it evenly throughout the pan.
- Layer the vegetables on top neatly in any pattern you like.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the vegetables and a good grind of salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish in foil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast for a further 20 minutes.