Burrito with chicken skewersCourse: Main Food Recipes, Mexican Kitchen, Snacks
Chicken thigh 3 kg
Onion 1 kg
Garlic 2 heads
Ground dried garlic 1 tablespoon
Paprika 1 tablespoon
Kumin (zira) 1 tablespoon
Marjoram 1 tablespoon
Cayenne pepper 1 tsp
Lemon juice 70 ml
Sparkling water 1.25 l
Red cabbage 500 g
White cabbage 500 g
Red canned beans 3 cans
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Red onion 2 heads
White wine 100 ml
Sour cream 600 g
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
- From the chicken thigh cut off all possible residues of cartilage, rub the chicken with all the spices and pour soda. Leave to pickle for at least 3 hours. Grill or pan or bake in the oven at 220 degrees until cooked. Cut into 1cm thick pieces.
- Fold the chicken in a deep perforated tray. In another, deep, but already ordinary, tray, put hay and sawdust, set fire to it, place the tray with chicken on top, close all the lid. Set fire periodically until the chicken is smoked.
- Prepare a salad: chop red and white cabbage, grate carrots. Season with olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Prepare the bean puree: fold the beans in a sieve, let the juice drain and save it. Fry the onions in vegetable oil in a deep saucepan until soft, add the beans and, stirring, fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add 0.5 liters of any broth at hand, the juice from the beans and punch through a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop cilantro, add to sour cream, salt and pepper, mix.
- Spread the bean puree on the tortillas, lay out the chicken skewers and salad, pour the sour cream with cilantro. Fold in the form of a burrito and fry in butter until crusty.