Roasted Peppers HummusCourse: Other, Vegetarian Recipes
1 can (500g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 jar (200g) roasted red peppers, drained
1 garlic clove
1 lemon, juiced
2tsp tomato paste
3-5tbsp almond milk (or soy)
salt, black pepper, turmeric, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika
coriander, oregano, cayenne pepper, thyme, rosemary
- Optional healthy add-ins:
1tbsp nutritional yeast
1tbsp ground flax seeds
1tsp white miso
- Start by blending the peppers with nuts, garlic and lemon juice.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and spices with just 1tbsp of milk. Blend.
- Taste and adjust. Add more milk for texture. I like my hummus a bit runny but not too much!
- Let sit in the fridge until needed. Top with sesame seeds.