Roasted Peppers Hummus Recipe
- 1 can (500g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (200g) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1/2cup walnuts
- 2tsp tomato paste
- 3-5tbsp almond milk (or soy)
- salt, black pepper, turmeric, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika
- coriander, oregano, cayenne pepper, thyme, rosemary
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1tsp white miso
- Start by blending the peppers with nuts, garlic and lemon juice.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and spices with just 1tbsp of milk. Blend.
- Taste and adjust. Add more milk for texture. I like my hummus a bit runny but not too much!
- Let sit in the fridge until needed. Top with sesame seeds.
The flavors were well balanced and the instructions were clear and easy to follow.