This English omelette with artichokes, sage, and orange zest is a delicious and easy breakfast or brunch recipe that’s vegetarian-friendly. The combination of flavors from the artichokes, sage, and orange zest makes for a unique and flavorful omelette that’s sure to impress. It’s also a great way to incorporate some vegetables into your morning routine.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, fresh sage, and grated orange zest to the eggs. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Use a spatula to distribute the mixture evenly.
- Let the omelette cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Use the spatula to fold the omelette in half.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the egg is fully cooked.
- Slide the omelette onto a serving plate.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!