Veg Manchow Soup with Veg Momos Recipe
Veg Manchow Soup with Veg Momos is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that is enjoyed all over the world. The dish is made up of two parts: a spicy and savory vegetable soup and a delicious and flavorful vegetable dumpling.To make Veg Manchow Soup, a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, onions, and cabbage, are chopped and sautéed in a wok with a blend of Chinese spices and sauces. Once the vegetables are soft and tender, chicken or vegetable stock is added to the wok and brought to a boil.Next, a cornstarch slurry is added to the wok to thicken the soup, and a beaten egg is stirred in to create a silky texture. Finally, the soup is seasoned with soy sauce, vinegar, and chili sauce, giving it a spicy and tangy flavor.To make Veg Momos, a mixture of chopped vegetables, such as carrots, cabbage, and onions, is seasoned with spices and herbs and wrapped in a delicate, handmade dumpling wrapper. The momos are then steamed until they are tender and cooked through.Veg Manchow Soup with Veg Momos is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for cold winter days or rainy afternoons. The soup is spicy and savory, with a deep umami flavor that is sure to satisfy your cravings. The momos are delicate and flavorful, with a delicious blend of herbs and spices that perfectly complements the soup.
- 1 tablespoon – Oil
- 4 tablespoons – chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons – julienne chopped Ginger
- 1 tablespoon – Chopped Coriander Stems
- 1.5 litre – Vegetable stock
- 2 small thinely sliced onions
- 1/2 cup – Chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 cup – Chopped Beans
- 3 small Julienne Chopped Carrots
- 1/4 cup – Chopped Capsicum
- 200 grams – Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon – Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon – Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon – Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup – Cornflour Slurry
- 5-6 crushed green chillies
- 2-3 tablespoons – Spring Onions
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- The first step is to peel the vegetables. Peel the carrots, cabbage, and onions. Take the outer part of the vegetables and wash them. In a vessel, add about 2 liters of water and add the vegetable peels. Let it boil for about 20-30 minutes and set aside.
- In a wide kadai, add oil. Then add chopped garlic, ginger and coriander stems. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes. And then add in the vegetable stock. Let it come to a boil and then add sliced onions, chopped carrots, beans, cabbage, capsicum and mushrooms. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and then add in the soy sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- To this, add 1/2 cup of cornflour slurry and mix. After the soup thickens up, add crushed green chillies, spring onions and coriander leaves.
- You can either serve it with momos or serve it as it is as this tastes really amazing as well.
The flavors were spot on and it was so easy to make.