Chicken Tortilla SoupCourse: Soup Recipes
4 Corn Tortillas
1 1/2 lbs. of chicken breast- slice into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp. Avocado Oil
1/2 large onion
1/4 of an orange bell pepper
1/4 of a green bell pepper
1/2 jalapeño – finely diced
1/2 tbsp. of minced garlic
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
32 oz. Chicken Broth
14.5 Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
3 tbsp. of cilantro – roughly chopped
1 lime – juiced
1/2 tsp. of chili powder
1 tsp. of cumin
1/2 tsp. of oregano
1/4 tsp. of paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. of onion powder
pepper to taste
- Brush tortillas with avocado oil and sprinkle salt, paprika and garlic powder on both sides and use a pizza cutter to cut strips. You can bake, air fry, or sauté the strips until crispy.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a large pot, heat up avocado oil sauté chicken for about 3-5 minutes until brown but not fully cooked through and remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions, peppers, jalapeño and garlic into the same pot and sauté for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl pour 1/4 of a cup of the chicken broth and 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and mix until the cornstarch dissolves and set aside.
- Add chicken and the remaining chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients into the pot and stir.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixtures and bring to a light boil for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with the tortilla strips, Pepper Jack Cheese, sour cream, jalapeño and avocado slices.