Yaki SobaCourse: Japanese Kitchen, Pasta Recipes, Seafood Recipes
200g dry soba or udon noodles (I used brown noodles)
1 large chicken breast
150g king prawns (I used cooked but would have preferred them raw)
1/2 large red pepper
1/2 large green pepper
Chunk of fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic
Pink salt and pepper
- The basic method of this is, drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce on the chicken breast, wrap in foil and bake in a preheated oven for 23 minutes (specific but necessary).
- Grate a big chunk of ginger and 3 cloves of garlic, slice up your peppers and boil a kettle.
- Sauté your ginger and garlic in some sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan for a couple of minutes and then add your peppers and cook for about 10 minutes (definitely add onion to this as well if you like onions, I just don’t!)
- Cook your noodles as per package instructions.
- When your chicken is cooked, slice it up and throw it in the frying pan/wok, also add the cooked noodles, throw in the prawns (if they’re cooked, add before the noodles if raw) mix it all together, add soy sauce, pink salt and pepper, and then whisk your egg and pour it over the whole thing and mix together well.
- Once it’s all cooked and combined throw it on a plate and top with fresh coriander and sesame seeds (and an extra drizzle of soy sauce if you want) you’ll love this one!