- 3-4 squids
- 3 garlic cloves (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- pinch of Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped olives (Kalamata would be perfect)
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- black pepper and salt to taste
- pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- can of peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of dry wine (optional)
First, prepare the filling. Mix together 1 garlic clove grated, bread crumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, black pepper, olives, capers and olive oil.
Fill each squid with 2-3 tablespoons of the filling. Pinch with a toothpick. Set aside.
Saute two remaining garlic cloves (minced) then add chili flakes. Pour in wine. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Then pour in canned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
When it starts bubbling add squids. Cover and let it simmer for half an hour.