Chicken and bacon penne with garlic, sundried tomatoes and spinachCourse: Main Food Recipes, Pasta Recipes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast fillets, cut lengthways
6 bacon medallions, diced
2tsp Italian seasoning
1 small jar (I used 285g) sundried tomatoes, minus the oil and chopped
3 handfuls spinach leaves
5 cloves garlic
1/4tsp chilli flakes
200g cooking cream
200g penne pasta
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Rub paprika and italian seasoning into chicken.
- Heat oil in pan over high heat, cook chicken, turning over approx half way, until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add bacon and cook for approx 3-4mins.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, garlic and chilli flakes.
- When spinach has wilted, add cooking cream.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and stir in parmesan. Stir to make a creamy sauce and remove from heat. Season to taste.
- Drain pasta and stir, serve with sliced chicken on top.