Lamb RaguCourse: Italian Kitchen, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes
250g lamb mince
1 red onion (roughly chopped)
Approx 1 TSP chilli flakes
1 TSP of balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic (skin off)
A handful of mint leaves
1 carrot (roughly chopped)
200g can of chopped tomatoes
1 TBSP tomato puree
200g conchiglie pasta
450 ml boiling water
- First off, preheat the oven to about 200°C.
- Get a casserole dish on medium heat and add about a TSP of olive oil. Throw in the lamb mince and break it up into large chunks.
- When the lamb is starting to brown, add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta and the mint and bring it to a boil over high heat then put a lid on and whack it into the oven.
- After about 20 mins give everything a stir and add the pasta in. Then back in the oven for about another 20 mins or until the pasta is done.
- Serve it with the mint leaves on top as garnish and some grated cheese.