Crispy fried chicken with ginger and oranges Recipe
- Chicken 1 piece
- Flower honey 4 tablespoons
- Oranges 2 pieces
- Grated ginger 40 grams
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Spices to taste
- Coarse salt to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Cut a quarter of one orange and set aside. Peel off the rest and second whole orange and carefully remove all white bitter films. Cut into slices approximately half a centimeter thick.
- Drain the chicken well (you can use paper kitchen towels for this) and rub it with vegetable oil, coarse salt, red and black pepper from all sides.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. At the bottom of a small deep pan or bakeware, put orange slices in one layer. On the oranges breast lay down the chicken. Put in the oven
for forty minutes.
- From the remaining quarters of orange in a small deep bowl squeeze the juice. If the oranges are soft enough, you can do it right by hand, then removing the bones from the bowl.
- Ginger peeled and grated. Mix orange juice with ginger, four tablespoons of honey and add spices to taste – you can throw a pinch of black and red pepper. Mix.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, gently turn the breast up and carefully lubricate the resulting ginger-orange mixture. The most convenient way to do this is a special culinary brush.
- Return the chicken pan to the oven and bake for about an hour, periodically pouring the chicken juice from the pan; the more often it is done, the faster the crust forms – and the more juicy will be the meat under it.
- Finished chicken with a beautiful ruddy crust can be put on the table entirely, cool a little, cut into portions and serve with baked oranges, pouring juice from a baking tray.
Serve finished chicken with baked oranges, watering juice from a baking sheet. Instead of one chicken in this recipe, you can roast four gherkin chickens. The term “gherkin” is applied to three hundred gram chickens – in addition to their weight, they are valued for very tender and lean meat, which is considered dietary. Enjoy your meal!
This recipe did not turn out as expected.