Libritos – Spanish Style Ham and Cheese Breaded Pork Loin
Libritos – Spanish Style Ham and Cheese Breaded Pork LoinCourse: Meat Recipes, Spanish Kitchen
6 slices about 1 cm thick of pork loin (the part closest to the neck)
6 slices of thinly cut cooked ham, the slices should be as wide as the pork slices
6 slices of havarti
Breadcrumbs (I used panko)
Salt and Pepper
Oil for frying (I use olive oil)
Tomato and oregano for serving (optional)
- Cut the pork slices in half, but without reaching the end (so you can then easily fold one side over the other and enclose the stuffing).
- Take one pork slice, open it and on one side put a slice of ham and the havarti. Take the other side and fold it over. Repeat with the rest.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper, both sides.
- Let’s coat the pork: in three separate shallow bowls place the flour, panko bread crumbs and whisked egg. Take one piece of pork, dredge it in flour, dip in egg, then coat with the panko bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Repeat with the rest.
- Heat some oil in a skillet (the oil should cover all the bottom) at medium-high. Once hot fry the pork in batches: fry a couple of minutes on one side, when you see the edges start to get golden flip. Fry for 1-2min on the other side.
- Serve on a platter with tomatoes and oregano.