Baked pork ham with vegetables
- Pork ham 800 g
- Potatoes 4 pieces
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Eggplant 1 piece
- Onion 1 piece
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Mushroom broth 1 l
- Salt 2 tsp
- Pepper black ground pinch
- Dried oregano pinch
- Dried thyme pinch
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Wash meat, dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper from all sides. When the oil boils, fry for a minute or two on each side (to brown) at maximum temperature.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into 1–2 cm cubes. When the meat is fried, remove it into the center of the baking dish and throw potatoes and carrots into the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and each half into another 4 parts. Eggplant cut into cubes, similar to potatoes. Put all the vegetables in the form around the meat, including roasted. Pour the oil out of the pan there too.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt, thyme and oregano, pepper it all. Stir the vegetables slightly so that the spices are distributed.
- Pour all over a liter of mushroom broth (a liter of hot water and two cubes)
- Shape the foil and send in the oven for an hour at 180 degrees.
- After an hour, slightly open the foil and put the halves of 4–5 cloves of garlic into the vegetables deeper. Close the foil and put another 30 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Pull the meat out, let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut into thin slices, serve with vegetables and fresh herbs.