Scrambled TofuCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Snacks
1 medium-sized onion
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup plant milk (~20ml)
1/4 tsp. turmeric
“Kala Namak” salt
oil for frying
- Cut onions as small as possible and fry them along with cumin and some oil on medium heat for about 3 minutes in a pan. Meanwhile, crumble the tofu with your hands into small pieces.
- Add the tofu to the pan and let it all roast for about 4 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces and add one-half of it to the pan along with 1/2 spoon salt (or according to taste). Stir it well and let it cook for a moment.
- Add the plant milk to the pan. Then add turmeric and pepper.
- Once some of the water has evaporated and the consistency is to your liking, add the second half of the chopped tomatoes.
- Optionally garnish with fresh green coriander or other greens!
- Serve your scrambled tofu, e.g. with some bread. Top it off with a small pinch of Kala Namak salt. This gives the scrambled tofu an egg-like smell and taste, unbelievable.