Peppermint Mocha CookiesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Peppermint extract
1 cup AP flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Melted white chocolate & crushed candy canes for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, instant coffee, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In another large bowl, beat butter until light in color and fluffy in texture. Add in sugars and beat again. You can do this with a stand mixer or a hand-held one.
- Add in egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 sections, mixing in between each batch.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined, fold in as many chocolate chips as you’d like.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Do not skip this step! If you’re on a time crunch, chill the dough for at least 3 hours, or firm until touch.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Scoop 1-2 tbsp. of cookie dough and roll them into balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to chill for at least 10 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle crushed candy canes before serving.