Vegetarian beetroot patties
Vegetarian beetroot pattiesCourse: Snacks, Vegetarian Recipes
2 cloves of garlic
1 pack of soybeans
1 pack of cannellini beans (or any beans you fancy)
4 small beetroots, grated
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 egg (skip if you want to make it vegan (or just want a challenge)
Spices: go nuts. I went with paprika, cumin, garlic powder and rosemary.
- As always, fry up the onion and garlic. Let cool for a bit. You can add them raw as well, I just prefer the texture when they’re pre-cooked.
- Mash/mix the beans using a food processor, mixer or just your hands (get it, son). As long as you end up with a gooey mush. Add the grated beetroots (uncooked) together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Adjust the amount of breadcrumbs to make the mush stick together. The consistency is crucial, especially if you decide to skip the egg.
- Form little patties in preferred sized and fry off in a pan. Get your hands in there, it’s easier. If the mush sticks to you hands, rinse them quickly with cold water in between patties.
- I served these little nuggets with oven roasted potatoes, kale salad and a tahini dressing.