Celeriac Steaks with Miso Sauce offer a delightful plant-based alternative to traditional meat-centered dishes.
- 1 large celeriac
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel the celeriac and cut it into thick slices, resembling steaks.
- Place the celeriac steaks on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the celeriac steaks in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- While the celeriac steaks are roasting, prepare the miso sauce. Whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, grated ginger, minced garlic, and water in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and pour the miso sauce mixture into it. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove the celeriac steaks from the oven and serve them hot, drizzled with the miso sauce.