Vegan Summer Quiche
Vegan Summer QuicheCourse: Vegetarian Recipes
400g firm tofu
3 tbsp nooch
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp onion granules
1 small finely diced onion
200g cherry tomatoes (3/4 in the filling and the rest to go on top)
Handful of asparagus
2 tbsp plain flour
125ml soy milk
Salt & pepper
Herbs to finish – we mixed in 2 sprigs worth of thyme and some chives & basil after cooking
- Roll the pastry out and drape it into a greased quiche dish (or similar). Fork the bottom of the pastry and then place baking parchment on top and fill with baking beans (or rice, or similar). Bake at 200C for 15 mins. Remove the beans and parchment. Bake for another 10-15 mins keeping an eye on it and bake until it’s golden.
- While this is baking, prepare the filling. Using a blender, mix all the ingredients (apart from the vegetables), until smooth and thick.
- Gently fry off the onion and vegetables until cooked through (reserving some of the tomatoes & asparagus to go on top) and add to the tofu mixture.
- Place the filling inside the cooked pastry and top with the half cherry tomatoes & asparagus.
- Bake for 30-35 mins on 180C. The quiche should be fairly set, but it will also set as it cools, so don’t overcook it!
- Remove from the oven and leave to set for 10-15 mins. Finish with black pepper and fresh basil.
- We served it with a tomato salad, but it’s great with a crisp green salad or great picnic food, served cold!