Chocolate eclairs Recipe
- Milk 390 ml
- Water 350 ml
- Butter 225 g
- Wheat flour 275 g
- Pasteurized egg 400 ml
- Cream 33% 480 ml
- Egg yolk 135 g
- Milk chocolate 210 g
- 210 g dark chocolate
- Sugar 95 g
- Salt 7 g
- Mix water and 150 grams of milk in a saucepan, add salt, 20 grams of sugar, 225 grams of diced softened butter. Put the pot on medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Pour flour into the boiling liquid, all at once. Immediately turn the heat down to low.
- Stir all with a wooden spatula until smooth. The dough will turn into a bun and begin to lag behind the walls.
- Dry the dough for 2 minutes. As soon as carbon deposits appear on the bottom of the pan, the crust means that the dough has released enough moisture to start absorbing a new one.
- Cool the dough to 55 degrees. To do this, put the dough in a bowl and mix methodically. You can measure it with a thermometer, you can try it with your finger.Not burned – ready.
- Slowly, pour melange in portions. Cover the dough with a film in contact, put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Put the dough in a pastry bag with a 15–16 mm nozzle, “French star”, and place the eclairs on a perforated mat or baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 150-160 degrees for 1.5 hours. Cool for a couple of hours.
- Mix dark chocolate and milk in a bowl.
- Mix 240 grams of milk and cream. Heat up to 70 degrees.
- Mix yolks and 75 grams of sugar. Pour into them a mixture of milk and cream, mix, pour everything back into the pan, bring to thicken.
- Immediately pour all over the chocolate. Wait 30 seconds, then mix. Refrigerate until thickened within 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pierce the bottoms of eclairs in three places. Fill them with cream, starting at the edges. Decorate to taste.
The flavors were well balanced and the instructions were clear and easy to follow.