Egg whites & eggs are combined with creamy yogurt and cheese and just the right amount of seasoned veggies. These mini Omelets provide a satisfying and simple meal that you can share with your family and friends…or store in your fridge and enjoy them all by yourself for a few days in a row!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup gruyere or Swiss, shredded
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp flour (any kind you like)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, and set aside. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and then add chopped tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Saute approximately 5 until lightly browned and tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk egg whites, whole eggs, cheese, yogurt, flour, and basil into a mixing bowl. Whisk until ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- Once the veggie mixture is cooled, add to the mixing bowl with the egg mixture and stir with a spatula until all ingredients are well blended.
- Spoon the egg mixture into each of the 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until cooked through and browned on top. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.