Thai Basil Noodles
Thai Basil NoodlesCourse: Pasta Recipes, Thai Kitchen
50 g Thai rice flat noodles
1/3 red bell pepper
1 portobello mushroom
80 g firm tofu
6 leaves fresh Thai basil
1 garlic clove
- For the sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp rice/apple cider vinegar
a bit of lime juice
- Start by cutting the tofu into small cubes. Make the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and honey. Put the sauce and the tofu in a bowl and let it marinate while preparing the rest.
- Cut the onion, the mushroom and the pepper into long slices, and mince the garlic. In a cooking pan, heat olive oil and add the vegetables. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu to the pan and reserve the sauce for later. Keep cooking on high heat while stirring until the tofu becomes golden brown.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles following the instructions of the package.
- Turn off the heat of the vegetables and add the cooked noodles (drained), the remaining tofu sauce, the Thai basil leaves (minced) and the lime juice. Mix everything together until the noodles get a brown color from the sauce. Serve and eat with chopsticks. And that’s it! Enjoy!