Fajita Chicken Pasta BakeCourse: Chicken Recipes, Mexican Kitchen, Pasta Recipes
2 chicken breasts (400g)
1 sachet fajita seasoning
150g dry pasta
3 peppers (I used 3 sweet peppers, one red one orange and one yellow)
1 clove garlic
200g chopped tomato (1/2 tin)
50ml boiling water
100g 0% fat greek yoghurt
60g low fat grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Cover your chicken breasts in 1/2 the fajita seasoning sachet, wrap in foil and put in the oven for 15 mins.
- Whilst this is cooking, put your pasta on to cook as per packet instructions (do the lesser amount, so if it says 10-12 minutes, do 10).
- Slice your peppers up into thin strips and pan fry (you can defo add some onion, I’m just not a big onion fan! But it would be really nice!)
- Once the peppers are soft add the other half of the fajita sachet. Mix well and then add 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes, 50ml boiling water, 1 crushed clove garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together well. Once the pasta has cooked drain it and add to the pan with the peppers and mix well.
- Take your chicken out of the oven and use 2 forks to shred it up, it should only be about 2/3 cooked which is intentional! Add the shredded partly cooked chicken to the pan, mix it all together, season as you wish, add in the Greek yoghurt and stir well, add some chopped coriander and transfer to a baking dish.
- Top with some grated cheddar and put in the oven (which should still be on from the chicken) for 12-15 mins.