Tacos are a favorite meal for many people due to their versatility, deliciousness, and ease of preparation. They come in various flavors, from chicken to beef, but what about a vegetarian option? If you're looking for a meatless taco that packs a flavorful punch, try this vegetarian taco recipe with walnuts and feta cheese. This recipe is perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking to reduce their meat intake.The main ingredient in this recipe is walnuts, which are an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts also have a meaty texture, which makes them the perfect substitute for meat in this recipe. The recipe also includes feta cheese, which is a tangy, salty cheese that adds a lot of flavor to the dish. The combination of the walnuts and feta cheese creates a delicious and unique flavor profile that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.This recipe is not only delicious but also easy to make. The taco filling can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It is also customizable, so you can adjust the seasoning and toppings to your liking. Whether you're a vegetarian or just looking for a delicious meatless option, these vegetarian tacos with walnuts and feta cheese are sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together chopped walnuts, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper until walnuts are coated.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together black beans, feta cheese, and chopped cilantro.
- Warm corn tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, flipping once, until warmed and slightly charred, about 30 seconds per side.
- To assemble tacos, place a spoonful of the black bean and feta mixture in the center of each tortilla, and top with a spoonful of the toasted walnuts.
- Fold tortillas in half, and serve immediately.