Smarties Egg CookiesCourse: Dessert Recipes, Snacks
125g unsalted butter, softened
100g light brown sugar
75g caster sugar
splash of vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g dairy milk, finely chopped
200g smarties eggs, crushed
- Add the softened butter and sugar to a bowl and beat and cream together.
- Then add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Next, add the plain flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda and mix well until a cookie dough is formed.
- Add in the chopped dairy milk and crushed smarties egg and combine.
- Roll the dough into even sized cookie dough balls and place on a lined baking tray (I used 2 trays so they we nice and spread out) and place in the freezer for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Remove from the freezer and bake in the oven for 12-14 mins. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 30 mins before tucking in.