Air-fried lemon pepper calamari. Delicious and a healthier option compared to the traditional deep-fried calamari. First, you marinate fresh calamari rings in a mixture of lemon juice, pepper, and spices to give them a zesty flavor. Then, you coat them in a light breading made with panko breadcrumbs and cornmeal.Next, you pop them in the air fryer until they're crispy and golden brown. The result is a perfect crunchy exterior with a tender and juicy interior. Serve them up with some lemon wedges and a creamy dipping sauce, and you've got the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion!
- 200g fresh calamari tubes, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 3 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Chives, finely chopped
- Line the base of an air fryer with baking paper and preheat to 200C.
- Mix the egg with the milk.
- In another bowl, mix the panko with the lemon pepper and salt.
- Pat the calamari rings dry with paper towels then coat in flour, dip in the egg mix, then coat with the panko mix.
- Arrange a single layer of coated rings on the baking paper in the air fryer. Spray with canola oil and fry for 10-15 mins or until golden brown, turning once.
- Mix the yogurt with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chives. Serve with calamari.