Israeli shakshukaCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Snacks
Garlic 4 cloves
Chili 1 piece
Olive oil 50 ml
Kumin (zira) pinch
Crushed tomatoes in own juice 400 g
Tomato juice 100 ml
Cilantro 10 g
Parsley 10 g
Feta Cheese 50 g
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion finely, four garlic cloves and one hot chili pepper. Fry the onion, garlic and chili in olive oil. You can throw a pinch of sugar to caramelize vegetables and give a sweet guy to tomatoes that will appear later in the sauce. Add a whisper of oregano, a little cumin and fry the onions with garlic and pepper until they start to cry or, as the French say, sweat. It is not necessary to fry much, give caramel color too.
- Now it is necessary to dump a jar of pureed canned tomatoes and fry them together with onions and other things, stirring for about a minute. Add water or tomato sauce to make the sauce sufficiently thin and simmer for a minute or two.
- Add salt, black or white ground pepper and parsley. Carefully break the eggs into the sauce, so that they do not spread out, but lie – each in its hole. Add pieces of feta or other soft, salty cheese. The fire under the pan can be removed to a minimum. And then completely send the pan into the oven for three minutes. Or cover with a lid. Eggs must retain a sufficiently liquid yolk.
- In the end, it is necessary to sprinkle the scrambled eggs with chopped parsley and cilantro. And serve with flat cake or white bread.
- For a perfect breakfast, lunch and dinner, ideally served with coffee.