Sausage Pizza with Vodka Sauce
- Water 116 ml
- Sea salt 6.5 g
- Dry yeast 0.1 g
- Wheat flour 166 g
- Vodka 20 ml
- Fatty cream 12.5 g
- Grana -Padano cheese 1,299 g
- Italian sausages 150 g
- Mozzarella cheese 110 g
- Basil leaves 4 pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil 4 ml
- Garlic ¼ cloves
- Oregano to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Tomatoes in their own juice ¼ cans
- To start make the dough. Using electronic scales, measure 116 ml of water (32–35 degrees), pour into a container for kneading dough. A small bowl is enough for this recipe. Weigh 5 grams of finely ground sea salt, add it to the water, mix until completely dissolved. Measure out 0.1 grams of high-speed yeast. Dissolve the yeast in water, leave to hydrate for a minute, then shake the container in a circular motion until the yeast is completely dissolved. Add 166 grams of flour (preferably “00”) to the resulting liquid.
- Knead by hand: first, in a circular motion, mix the ingredients in a container until a uniform mass is obtained, and then alternating tongue-like grips and folding, knead the dough for 30–60 seconds
until a homogeneous consistency. The temperature of the dough at the end of the batch is 27 degrees; measure it with a thermometer.
- Leave the dough for 20 minutes, then knead it for 30–60 seconds on the working surface, lightly floured. The surface of the dough should be very smooth. Place the dough ball down into a container, lightly sprinkled with oil, in which the dough is kneaded. Cover tightly with a lid and leave
for 2 hours at room temperature (21-24 degrees).
- Form a ball of medium elasticity from dough, working gently and gently so as not to tear the dough.
- Place the dough bowl on a floured plate, lightly sprinkle with flour, wrap tightly with film and leave for 6 hours at room temperature. Alternatively, you can leave the balloon for 4 hours at room temperature and then put it in the refrigerator to use it the next evening. Without cooling, the dough can be used within 4 hours after the completion of the second phase of fermentation. If it is cooled, you need to hold it at room temperature for an hour while the oven is heated and the filling is prepared.
- Prepare a sauce with tomatoes. Put olive oil, garlic, salt, oregano and chili flakes in a blender. Add a tablespoon of tomatoes and quickly mix in a homogeneous emulsion.Add the remaining tomatoes and mix very quickly by briefly pressing the start button before combining all the ingredients. Excessive mixing will cause excessive moisture from the pulp, which will make the sauce too liquid.
- Prepare a vodka sauce. In a skillet over medium heat, boil off the vodka until about 0.5 tablespoon is left. It takes about 4 minutes. Pour the cream and continue cooking the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and cheese, increase the heat to high for a few minutes. As soon as the sauce boils, reduce the heat and continue cooking the sauce over low heat.
- Remove the sauce from heat, cool.
- Cook the pizza. An hour and a half before baking pizza, put the dough out of the refrigerator. Lay the baking sheet or stone on the grate in the upper part of the oven at least 20 cm from the grill. Preheat oven to 290 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cut the sausages at an angle into pieces 0.6 cm wide, put in a heat-resistant frying pan and put in the oven for 2-3 minutes while it warms up.
- Prepare a workplace. To do this, sprinkle flour moderately about 60 cm tabletop.Near to put a wooden shovel, slightly pripyliv its flour. Keep the sauce, cheese and sausages, as well as a large spoon or ladle for the sauce. Before you put the pizza in the oven, turn on the grill for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough bowl on a floured work surface and turn several times so that the flour covers it on all sides. Generate a disc using New York or Neapolitan technique.Place the disc on a floured spade. Walk on the surface with his hands to slightly correct and remove bumps.
- Using a tablespoon or ladle in circular motions, distribute the tomato sauce over the surface of the disk, departing 0.6 cm from the edge. Put slices of sausages on the disk, cut down. Spread mozzarella slices, covering part of the sausages.
- Turn off the grill. Carefully shift the pizza from the shovel to the baking stone or sheet. Close the oven door, put it in baking mode at 290 degrees. Bake the pizza for about 5 minutes until the rim is golden. Transfer the oven to the grill mode and bake for 2 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and the base turns golden with a small tan (check for a minute). Using tongs or forks, place the pizza on a large plate.Cut the basil leaves with scissors and sprinkle pizza with them. Serve immediately.